Pet+ER of Towson, MD is seeking a Veterinary Technician Manager for our busy 24-hour emergency critical care hospital.
Who are we?
Having served the Baltimore area for 25 years, Pet+ER Towson is in the process of exponential growth! We are a dedicated group of 13 veterinarians (Boarded Criticalists, Emergency DVMs and Specialists) with a large support staff. We also have the ability to collaborate with a group of veterinary specialists in-house to provide outstanding veterinary care. Our priority is advanced diagnostics, treatment and providing patients and their owners with the best veterinary care possible.
Who are you?
We are looking for a Veterinary Technician with management experience who possesses a skill-set that includes leadership, the ability to collaborate, time management, organization, strong technical ability and conflict resolution skills. This position includes employee oversight of 30-40 team members! You must be a Registered Veterinary Technician in Maryland, or have a license from another state that can be transferred upon hiring.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Hiring and training of new technicians
- Establishing and executing training protocols
- Preparing monthly schedule/on-call schedule
- Provide guidance and direction to staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Mediate interpersonal issues and address concerns up to and including disciplinary action
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one meetings with team to discuss any concerns or areas of improvement
- Technical Background: ER/Critical Care tech experience is required for this position in order to best train the technical team, create and enforce protocols and understand the needs of the practice. This includes experience with triage, CPR, medication administration (all routes), drug calculations, IV catheter placement, Blood draws, running lab samples, Doppler blood pressures, central line placement, CVP measurement, NG tube placement, nasal oxygen line placement, urinary catheter placement, perform digital radiographs, reading of blood smears, urine and fecal slides, as well as anesthesia monitoring and surgical assistance.
- Perform regular training sessions with team to ensure advancement of individuals skills
- Routinely update training manual to ensure that procedures as protocols are up to date with current standards in the field
- Collaborate with members of CVRC management to optimize care of their patients
- Work closely with Client Services Team, Medical Director, Hospital Administrator and doctor team to ensure that we are providing the best possible care for our patients and clients
The Technician Manager is responsible for working 5 shifts (approximately 40hrs) a week, including two weekends a month and rotating holidays. Compensation is based on experience. All full time staff receive excellent healthcare benefits, 401K, employee owned pet discounts, and opportunities for professional development and continuing education.