Value Pet Clinic, located in Kent, WA, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team. Great Opportunity for an Experienced or New Graduate DVM!
Value Pet Clinic in Kent is a lively and vibrant practice. We are a fast paced walk-in only clinic that sees a variety of cases on a daily basis. We also have a high volume of dental procedures and surgical cases each day. Our veteran doctors are well qualified to teach and support new grad DVMs and provide guidance as needed. Our support staff is fun, positive and works as a well-oiled machine. We are well staffed with assistants and technicians that are eager to improve on their skill set and to provide excellent support for the doctors. The clinic culture prioritizes quality patient care and respect of the human-animal bond. The clinic hours promote a healthy work-life balance. Additionally, there are no on call or after hour shifts and no overnight hospitalization. Medical records are written up as you go, so records do not build up at the end of the day. Our veteran doctors are Experienced and New Grad DVMs encouraged to apply - we do
Friendly and knowledgeable professional veterinary colleagues across the multiple locations of Value Pet Clinics in the area. Supportive and approachable management team.
· Brand new Cardell Touch Veterinary monitor with ECG, SPO2, CO2, and esophageal temp
· Brand new computer systems, in all exam rooms
· Paper light clinic
About Kent, WA:
Kent, Washington is situated at a central location between Seattle and Tacoma, where you can find many fun and exciting things to do. This are is great area for anyone who loves the outdoors. Nearby entertainment includes: Pacific Raceways, Southcenter Mall and the Showare Center. Enjoy excellent hiking and camping at local parks, lakes and rivers. We are also home to excellent school districts.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.