Coal Creek Veterinary Hospital in Centennial, Colorado seeks an experienced part-timeto full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! Our ideal candidate is confident working independently in medicine, soft tissue surgery, and dental procedures, has a positive can-do attitude, leadership mentality, and enjoys training staff.
Coal Creek Veterinary Hospital has been serving the Denver community since 1998 as a full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care to dogs, cats, and small mammals. Our fully-equipped facility was designed with the clients’ comfort and their companions’ health in mind. Conveniently located at Smoky Hill and Tower Road, we serve communities in and around Aurora, Centennial and Denver.
Visit us online at www.coalcreekvet.com!
· Conveniently located facility with two exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, ICU, and two hospitalization wards
· In-house laboratory capabilities for select blood, urine, fecal, and tissue diagnostics tests. In addition, twice daily access to external full-service clinical and pathological laboratory with 24 hour results in most cases
· Isoflourane anesthesia with fully equipped surgical suite for routine and advanced surgeries including state of the art surgical monitoring capabilities (blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, ECG)
· Ultrasonic dental equipment and digital dental radiography
· Radiology suite with all “films” evaluated by a board-certified veterinary radiologist
· Complete in-house pharmacy with large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the newest products
· Species-specific areas where patients can be hospitalized or boarded for the day
· Newest version AviMark computerization
The City of Denver Urban sophistication meets outdoor adventure in the Mile High City! With over 300 days of sunshine a year, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy everything that Denver has to offer. Denver is one of only two cities in America with eight professional sports teams. When not taking in a game, you can hike, bike, ski, fish, hunt—the list is endless. What’s better after a long busy day but award winning food and drink. Metro Denver brews more beer than any other city in the country, with more than 100 hand-crafted beers made here every day. With a richly multi-cultural population, Denver is a dynamic city of diverse cultures, rewarding those who visit with a montage of sights, sounds, smells, and flavors.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
At least one year of experience as an Associate DVM
Licensure in good standing to practice in CO
Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
Works collaboratively with hospital team members
Makes decisions confidently and effectively
Manages time and tasks appropriately
Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth