We are currently seeking a California-licensed veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience to join our amazing staff in Mountain View! The ideal candidate is a skilled communicator and enjoys engaging with clients and peers to provide the best client and patient care available. Surgical skills, exotics, or ultrasound experience a plus. He or she will work in our general practice clinic providing high-quality care to our patients, educating clients, and performing surgeries. The clinic is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment including digital radiography, ultrasound and new dental equipment. We have a high end clientele who expect complete work ups on their pets.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity. Lead veterinarians and veterinary medical team through the Cycle of Service and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes performing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
- Educate clients about Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other issues.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Assist with surgery as applicable. *Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Mentor other paraprofessionals in the hospital.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Initiative - shows willingness and aptitude to take appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Integrity - Firmly adheres to the values and ethics. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Cooperativeness - Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility - Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence - Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision as appropriate. Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency - Maintains a positive 'can do' outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.