Pet Emergency Treatment, Inc. provides 24-hour emergency care services to pets and their owners in the Anchorage bowl and Alaskan “bush” communities. Our highly skilled veterinarians and staff are dedicated to serving animals with exceptional emergency and referral care, providing compassion to the people who love them, and supporting the local veterinary community at any time of day or night. PET is proudly accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association!
We are searching for a qualified Managing DVM to join our busy and growing hospital, who is interested in providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing DVM is responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. In partnership with the Hospital Administrator, the Managing DVM is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, as well as meeting budget expectations. In addition, this role also oversees staff direction and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Pet Emergency Treatment, Inc. offers a competitive salary with production, a $15,000 signing or relocation bonus, health insurance, 401(k), continuing education, paid vacation and personal pet discounts!
About the Hospital
- Spacious building with 4 exam rooms, one large comfort room, large treatment area with a separate cat and bird room, large surgery suite, and isolation ward.
- In-house laboratory capabilities including Idexx Vet Suite (Catalyst Chemistry Analyzer, Lasercyte CBC, Urinalysis, and ELISA Snap Reader), and basic cytology. We also have a close association with a local full-service laboratory.
- In-house ECG, Echocardiogram, and Ultrasound
- Digital radiography
- Endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and rhinoscopy
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities with SurgiVet to monitor non-invasive blood pressure, 3 Lead ECG, Heart rate, Digital SpO2, End Tidal CO2, Respiration, Temperature, and Built-In Printer
- Ventilator capabilities in surgery suite
- Complete pharmacy, OTC products, and prescription diets
- We have a close working relationship with Veterinary Imaging Specialists of Alaska who are on site and provide, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI.
- Full-time Hospital Administrator and full-time Office Manager
- Licensed Veterinary Technician working in treatment and surgery with trained technician assistants and licensed veterinary technicians.
Anchorage has been named one of the 10 best U.S. cities by Outside Magazine and is Alaska’s largest city with 41% of the state’s population. The city has a lot to offer from monthly art exhibits and concert series, excellent local restaurants and breweries, and all outdoor activities. Within city limits, you will be utterly surprised to find endless local running, cross-country skiing, biking, and hiking trails. There is local downhill skiing/snowboarding and Alyeska Resort only 45 min drive south to Girdwood. The Kenai Peninsula is only 150 miles south of Anchorage and offers excellent opportunities for fishing. We are 240 miles south of Denali National Park that provide an absolutely beautiful scenic drive with endless areas for camping and outdoor exploring.