Curtner Pet Clinic in San Jose is looking to expand our amazing team. We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our expanding team. We are a busy, small animal practice conveniently located in the upscale Plant Shopping Center in beautiful San Jose. We are a full-service veterinary hospital that provides complete medical, surgical, and dental care for companion animals. Our culture is one of high standards, professional dedication and an unrelenting commitment to providing the best care possible to our patients. At the same time, our employees frequently reference our warm, friendly, collegiate work environment as one of their favorite aspects of working at the clinic. Our goal is to utilize continuing education as a means to engage all of our team members, so that every employee is involved in bettering themselves and the practice keeping us current within the veterinary industry. We encourage a hands on learning model, which allows our newer associates the ability to learn at their pace. Please visit www.curtnerpetclinic.com for more information about our hospital and also check out our online reviews.
What we offer
* Competitive salary with production
* Paid vacation
* No “on-call” schedules
* Health and Dental insurance
* Annual continuing education expense allowance
* AVMA, CVMA, and local association dues
* Malpractice insurance
* Generous Employee pet care plan
* Up to $5000 in relocation coverage
We are looking for a veterinarian that delivers exceptional quality medicine to our patients while maintaining a caring and compassionate relationship with their owners. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, able to multi-task efficiently, and have a love for both cats and dogs. All applicants must posses excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion for delivering outstanding veterinary care. Whether you’re a new grad or a seasoned veteran of the profession, if you have a positive attitude and a love of learning and growing, we would love to have you on our team.
* Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD)
* Passed the CA State Veterinary Board and DEA Registration required prior to your start date
* National Accreditation
* Ability to work in the United States
* Flexible schedule with the ability to work at least one weekend day each week. Overall schedule can be discussed upon hire.
* Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus but not necessary
Should be skilled in the following areas:
* Possess superior client communication skills and understand how to bond with your clients and build trust
* Have fresh, innovative ideas
* Work efficiently and have excellent time management skills
* Ability to exude confidence in your medicine to your clients
* Practicing ethical veterinary medicine, following all applicable laws and codes
* Believes in preventative medicine and client education, is respectful, non-judgmental, and able to maintain good relationships with co-workers in a team based setting
* Performing routine procedures, including: spay, neuter, and dental procedures, and proficient in dental extractions, foreign body surgeries, etc.
* Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients and partner with them to provide quality care to their pets.
* Maintaining professional and thorough medical records
* Experience with Cornerstone Practice Management Software a plus, but not required
* Experience with exotic or pocket pets a plus, but not required
Work requires lifting and carrying animals (assistance will be provided for patients over 40 lbs). Walking or standings for extended periods of time. Frequently works in a bent position. May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces within small spaces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
If you are a hard-working veterinarian, who loves to be productive and busy, please forward a resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.