| As a member of Southern Veterinary Partners, a regional network of animal hospitals providing the best in the class veterinary care across the Southeast, Southern Veterinary Partners brings centralized back office support in the areas of HR, payroll, purchasing, finance and marketing to our partner hospitals and their staff. You will be a part of a progressive, growing company providing you with expanded benefits, resources and training opportunities. |
Career opportunities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee currently.
www.svp.vet Skills and Qualifications
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university • Licensure in good standing to practice • Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude • The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members • Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets • Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients • A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics • Proficiency in surgery and ultrasound a plus
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
Compensation and Benefits
Southern Veterinary Partners rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical Insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Continuing Education allowance
• Professional Liability Coverage
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Chase Whitworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.