Gull Lake Animal Hospital in Richland, MI seeks an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Gull Lake Animal Hospital is located in Richland, Michigan, a small town that cherishes its small businesses. We have been serving Richland and the Gull Lake Area for over 20 years. We are a patient oriented practice and we have a team based approach. We have skilled technicians, assistants and a highly skilled client service team. Our team excels in providing excellent client care, creating client trust and loving their pets as if they were our own. We strive to make our practice a place that our doctors and team can be proud of and hold their heads high and know we provided the best care and service today to the pets entrusted in our care. We often say that life is short and work should be fun. The ideal candidate would be a doctor who is passionate about their work and values and has a desire to grow and expand their knowledge and skills. Our desire is to find the right candidate who will be as passionate and excited about practicing as we are!
For more information, please visit our website at: www.gulllakeanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Progressive and paperless practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care
- Highly focus on Dentistry and oral health
- Fully equipped Dental suite (with room for growth)
- Digital Dental radiographs
- Large treatment area with three dry tables and one wet table
- Large dedicated Surgical suite with two surgical tables
- Five Large Exam Rooms
- Digital Radiographs
- Telemedicine ECG
- Complete In-house laboratory and IDEXX referral lab
- Full boarding kennel
- Electronic Records
- Encourage and support the cultivation of doctors’ special veterinary interests.
Gull Lake Animal Hospital is located in Richland, Michigan which is within 15 minutes of Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. Gull Lake is one of the largest lakes in the area and gives opportunity for fishing, boating, water skiing and other great summer activities. There are also plenty of activities in the area, including cross country skiing, great cycling and running/walking trails. Richland is also an attractive area for horseman. Richland has some great horse farms as well as the National Horse Trials each August. Richland boasts one of the most beautiful “country” settings while still having the amenities of the “city” life.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.