Central Coast Pet Emergency, located in Arroyo Grande, CA, is seeking an Experienced Hospital Manager to join our busy 24-hour emergency practice. We are a 4400 square foot, busy 5-doctor 24/7 Emergency and Critical Care facility in Central Coast California. Our goal is to provide outstanding patient and client care. The ideal candidate will have the goal of practicing high quality progressive medicine in an outstanding and modern facility. Additionally we have highly trained and dedicated technical staff with a fantastic clientele. The clinic has digital radiology, ultrasound, in-house blood gas and IDEXX Catalyst and Procyte lab, large surgical suite, and special procedure suite. There is also a veterinary surgical facility next door and access to a mobile radiologist for emergency ultrasounds. We are looking for an experienced emergency veterinarian to join our growing team. New grads with internship experience will be considered. Our veterinarians typically work six to eight 13 hours shifts every two weeks. We offer competitive compensation based on base and production percentage, retirement plan, health insurance, liability insurance, paid vacation and CE compensation.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
Central Coast Pet Hospital & ER is the premier hospital on the central coast treating emergencies and critical care cases. We provide the most necessary diagnostic, laboratory, surgical and intensive care services. We take special pride in our facility and our ability to provide optimal care for your pet.
About Arroyo Grande, CA:
Arroyo Grande is located on the beautiful Central Coast of California minutes from Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo and half way between LA and SF. Beaches and mountains surround us. In the heart of wine country, there are numerous beautiful music/event venues to attend. Many hiking areas, beach trails and several state parks are within minutes. Moderate cost of living. We live where most people go for a vacation!
VETERINARY HOSPITAL MANAGER
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.