VCA Advanced Care Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our multi-doctor practice in Bedford, Texas.
$10,000 Signing Bonus Available
Our well-established practice began serving the mid-cities of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex in 1998. Shortly after inception, the hospital celebrated a design award from Veterinary Economics. Our well established, community driven practice has direct access to DFW Airport and is at the juncture of several cities. Our progressive, well equipped facility has ultrasound, digital radiography, digital dental radiography and a comprehensive compliment of in-house diagnostics.
Under stellar, long term leadership our team boasts a significant doctor to tech ratio. We are passionate, compassionate and dedicated to professionalism. Our belief is investing and developing into our team the principles of progressive medicine and high standards of patient care. Our culture boasts a collaborative environment which fosters team work and peer inclusion.
Working with our talented group of doctors and a well-trained support team, you will appreciate the collegial approach we take with our cases. This enables us to deliver an exceptional client experience.
Bedford and the surrounding cities offer suburban living yet direct access to one of the largest cosmopolitan areas within the state! Music, the arts and fine dining are everywhere. Truly, the best of Texas can be found on all sides.
The Associate Veterinarian—under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Associate Veterinarian educates clients on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical and surgical treatment to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, fulfill VCA requirements for attending local VCA Continuing Education meetings and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.