Eastern Shore Animal Hospital located in Painter, VA is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!!
- Interest in Large/Small Animal as well as surgery, a plus!
We are primarily a small animal clinic but also do some large animal and exotics medicine. We provide a broad range of diagnostics through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories.
We have a wonderful staff including one LVT and two more technicians who are completing school to become LVTs. We have 4 full-time veterinarians, and pride ourselves on our positive and supportive culture. We strive to not only provide the best care to our patients but also support each other in a profession with such a high emotional burden.
- We do a lot of community service and fundraisers for local charities and participate in the St. Patrick’s Day parade in March, we have adopted a highway, participate in the ”Run For The Animals”, and have helped organize numerous fundraisers for Shore Wildlife Rehab.
- We also provide veterinary care to the wild horses on Assateague Island (Chincoteague Ponies). We participate in 3 yearly roundups and the yearly pony swim/auction every summer to provide vaccines and medical care to the ponies.
More Information: www.esanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Surgical Suite
- Dental Suite w/digital dental radiograph equipment
- Treatment Area
- Diagnostic Lab(Idexx Catalyst, Idexx ProCyte, Thyroid, Idexx VetLab Station)
- Laser Therapy
- Intensive Care Area
- Isolation Ward
- Digitial X-rays
- 4 Exam Rooms
About The Eastern Shore
Fall in love with adventure on the longest stretch of wild coastline left on the entire East Coast. We are located on the Eastern Shore between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean in a town called Painter, Virginia. The Eastern Shore offers a variety of outdoor activities: Boating, Fishing, Hiking, Kayak, Birding, Hunting, Beaches and Water Tours.
History - We have it! The quaint villages of Eastville and Accomack only 20 minutes from our practice hold the top two oldest continuous courthouse records in the nation. Be captivated by the Eastern Shore’s many intriguing stories at intimate museums and historic sites.
The Eastern Shore offers the finest seafood restaurants: The Island House, Machipongo Clam Shack, Shanty, Sting Rays and much more.
Our Weather-Coastal breezes moderate the heat of summer, and the Gulf Stream nudges winter to the mild side. Snow is rare, so locals celebrate rather than dread its fleeting presence. Spring bursts on the scene starting in March and autumn is a mellow, golden time that lingers on and on.
Average Temperatures in Fahrenheit:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Virginia
- 1+ years of experience in a private practice setting
- Interest in orthopedics/surgery, a plus!
- Interest in large animal/wildlife/exotics, a plus!
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.