Midwest Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital in Elmwood Park, IL is looking for a enthusiastic Hospital Manager to join our team!
We see exotics exclusively during daytime hours, offer 24 hour exotic care and after hours emergency care for dogs and cats. We practice out of a newly remodeled building equipped with ultrasound, endoscopy, and a full in-house lab, immediately adjacent to Chicago. Our large support staff is experienced, dedicated, caring, and fun to work with. Our benefits include a competitive salary, health and dental insurance, paid CE, paid vacation and 401K. We are looking for someone with a strong financial background, operations, and management experience.
More information www.midwestexotichospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modernized building with four exam rooms
- Digital Radiology
- Rigid Endoscopy
- Ultrasonic Dental Equipment
- Isoflurane anesthesia
- One of three patient wards is warmed (85F) & humidified (40%) for birds, reptiles and hypothermic pets
- Complete in house Hematological and Chemistry analysis, in house Electrolyte, Blood Gas and Clotting analysis, DNA Sexing, Cultures, Gram Stain, Cytology, Histophathology, Infectious Disease Testing, Urine and Fecal Analysis, External Parasite Checks
- Paper light computerized medical records and invoicing
- Located in Elmwood Park, directly adjacent to Chicago and Oak Park, with endless restaurants and nightlife. Parks, forest preserves, rivers, and Lake Michigan for beach and watersport activities at your fingertips. All the benefits of downtown Chicago just a 20 minute drive east including world class dining, shopping, music, museums, theaters, art galleries, sporting events, and sightseeing.
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years Veterinary Practice Management experience required.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.