Are you looking for a new and exciting work environment that appreciates the knowledge and experience you have to offer? Do you have a passion for specialized veterinary care and enjoy working in a fast paced environment? If you answered yes to these questions, a career with Bush Veterinary Neurology Service (BVNS) might be right for you!
BVNS is now hiring a full time Veterinary Assistant for its Woodstock, GA practice!
A Veterinary Assistant with BVNS is a member of our team who supports and assists the doctors and veterinary technicians each day to ensure the best possible care for our patients and clients. This means that you will be responsible for:
- Compassionately, calmly and gently handling patients in our care
- Speaking to clients in a friendly, helpful manner to answer questions, acquire histories, etc.
- Assisting in surgeries, advanced imaging procedures and anesthesia
- Utilizing practice management software to maintain client and patient records
- Providing safe restraint for patients during examinations and procedures
- Interpreting and following through on treatment sheet orders
- Implementing appropriate animal husbandry skills to decrease disease spread, injury and stress to patients
- Performing and recognizing normal physical examination parameters on canine and feline patients
- Noticing and documenting changes in patient attitude, abnormal behavior and changes in condition
- Calculating medication and fluid doses for administration to hospitalized patients
- Carrying out or setting up procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance
- Assisting with other areas of service during downtime or as directed by supervisor
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a Veterinary Assistant
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer service setting
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
- The ability to work at least two Saturdays per month
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Bush Veterinary Neurology Service offers competitive wages, and a benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Uniforms Yearly
- Pet Discount
To learn more about BVNS, visit our website at www.bvns.net. To pursue this career opportunity, e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the position you are applying for in the subject line when you apply. You may also fax your resume to 703-738-7307. Our hiring manager is not on-site in the practice – please do not call or stop by regarding this opportunity.