|Veterinary Technician Job Description |
1. Proficient at monitoring and assisting with anesthetic and surgical procedures.
2. Provides support to veterinarians, assistants, care coordinators, clients and patients.
3. Effectively manages time and priorities through triage, delegation and excellent written and verbal communications.
4. Prepares and completes laboratory tests, radiographic images and general histories of patients while adhering to treatment protocols for all patients - well, sick and in-patients.
5. Anticipates needs of veterinarians, clients and patients while maintaining a sanitary work environment.
6. Educates clients regarding disease process and transmission; counsels clients in collaboration with team members, regarding pet care and appropriate recommendations; communicates financial treatment plans to clients independently. Adheres to hospital protocols.
7. Motivates fellow team members by providing clear expectations and coaching to achieve personal and professional growth.
8. Delegates appropriately to assistants and care coordinators to ensure that client’s and patient’s needs met efficiently and with great care; works collaboratively with hospital staff toward the shared hospital mission.
9. Seeks additional training and strives to remain on the cutting edge of veterinary medicine.
10. Effectively uses veterinary specific software for all record keeping, financial transactions, client communication, scheduling and laboratory results.
11. Fills other roles as needed, including but not limited to: care coordinating/reception, grooming, and office management.
12. Takes initiative throughout the hospital by evaluating supply status, maintenance concerns, efficiency improvement efforts and concurrently taking resolute action.