VIP Petcare is a fast paced, innovative company looking for honest, professional team members who have a passion for pets and the people who love them. We provide a wide variety of preventative pet care services through our community clinics.
We are currently looking for a Veterinarian to work at our Turlock Wellness Center.
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing veterinary care onsite at our Wellness Center to ensure VIP Petcare procedures are carried out in a manner that promotes VIP Petcare as a leader in providing quality affordable preventative healthcare to pet owners.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
- On-site Veterinarian for our Wellness Center, with M-F shifts from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Mentors an effective and productive staff at the Wellness Center
- Travels to other Wellness Center sites to support training, fill shifts or participate in new store openings
- Performs medical exams and blood draws; administers, vaccinations and microchips
- Educates clients and recommends preventative care and products
- Follows up with client calls or emails in regards to their pets
- Completes medical records by adding relevant information and history into system
- Clearly understands and delivers VIP Petcare medical standards and ethical practices
- May travel out of state to represent VIP Petcare in state board matters
- Continuously strengthens and builds the VIP Petcare brand
- May be requested to become licensed in other states as needed
- Other duties or functions as requested
- Regional Director of Wellness Centers
Education and Training:
- CA Licensed Veterinarian in good standing
- Health Certificate Accredited
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Vaccine protocols, Intestinal parasites prevention and heartworm prevention, Heartworm disease in both cats and dogs, Heartworm and flea preventatives, Prescription Products
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Excellent customer service skills, ensuring accurate and reliable work product
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Creative, flexible and innovative thinker; management skills to mentor team members
Environment and Physical:
- Able to lift animals and equipment of up to 150 lbs with assistance
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, Kneel, and crouch
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, finger-arm-hand dexterity with the ability to reach and grasp
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO and Holiday Pa
- Four paid days off for CE with a $2500 annual allowance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching!
- Employee Assistance Program?
VIP Petcare is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.