Brighton-Eggert Animal Clinic near Buffalo, NY is seeking to hire an Associate DVM to join our practice !
Offering generous sign on/retention bonus, relocation and/or student loan assistance!
Brighton-Eggert Hospital is mainly a GP/Small Animal practice providing a variety of services to dogs, cats and a few exotics. This successful DVM candidate will help to expand and assist in our evening and weekend Urgent Care hours. We can be flexible in what this means given that we have 10 full-time and 2 part-time doctors along with approximately 15 techs. With this large group comes a variety of experience ranging from over 30 years to new graduates. Brighton-Eggert can be described as a cohesive group as well as a family-oriented practice that is still growing. We have been in practice for over 35 years and have been able to maintain stability, adapt to changes while continuing to provide the best quality of care.
“A Great Place to Live, Work and Play” is the guiding principle of Tonawanda. This town is home to over 73,000 residents who take pride in their community.
About our hospital:
- Modern building with 11 exam rooms, separate dog and cat treatment areas, surgery suites and pharmacies.
- Digital X-ray system. Superb, readable “films” in eight seconds.
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities with state of the art surgivet monitors.
- Full In-house laboratory utilizing modern Idexx equipment and use Idexx Canada for send out tests.
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, ultra-sonic dental equipment.
- In house ECG’s run and interpreted.
- Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- Newest version AVI Mark software.
- Class IV Laser.
- Urgent Care hours.
What we’re looking for:
- Flexibility with work hours/shifts
- Someone who’s team-oriented and charismatic
- Long term commitment
What we offer:
- Signon bonus/retention, relocation and/or studnet loan assistance
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
Find more information at www.brightoneggert.com !
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.