Noble Hound Animal Hospital and Pet Resort is seeking a full-time staff veterinarian. Our small animal practice located in the Wisconsin Dells/Lake Delton area is a modern facility with in-house laboratory, digital x-rays and a friendly, hard-working support team. Our practice, in addition to being a veterinary hospital, is a full-service boarding and grooming facility. Our facility offers preventative care, surgery, dentistry and internal medicine.
The candidate must be motivated, dependable, punctual, compassionate, outgoing, positive and a true love caring for pets and their owners. Required skills must include IV catheter placement, radiology, administration of vaccinations and medications, anesthesia monitoring, venipuncture, dental cleaning and surgery. The candidate should have a desire to learn and grow and enjoy working in a fast paced and challenging environment. The candidate must be willing to "think outside the box", treat each member of the team with respect, be professional, and have the ability to communicate and have a good rapport with clients.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in Wisconsin.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
* Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet's problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
* Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
* Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education and complete at least 30 hours of accredited CE per year.
* Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary and full benefit package.
Noble Hound Animal Hospital was established in 2005 in the Wisconsin Dells area. Our clinic moved to its present location in the fall of 2008. Our facility is a state-of-the-art facility with luxury pet boarding, pet grooming and retail accomodations in addition to our full-service veterinary hospital.