Alamogordo Animal Hospital was established in 1971 and is located in Alamogordo, New Mexico. We are a full-service animal hospital and welcome both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medial, surgical, and dental care. For almost 50 years, Alamogordo Animal Hospital has delivered veterinary excellence and has developed a well-earned reputation for attracting, retaining and developing quality veterinarians and nurses. And for established Veterinarians, we offer interesting, diverse and challenging cases, with manageable caseloads and a fair Work-Life Balance.
Alamogordo is located in the Chihuahuan Desert near the Holloman Air Force Base, El Paso, and Las Cruces. There are great attractions nearby including the White Sands National Monument, New Mexico Museum of Space History, McGinn’s Pistachio Land, Tularosa Basin, and Alameda Park Zoo. Alamogordo has a healthy and affordable real estate market, which gives you the opportunity to have your dream home on an abundance of land.
About This Role
As a Veterinary Professional, you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great Veterinarian. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing together with the rest of our team:
• Examine and triage cats, dogs, and horses, to promptly diagnose their short and long term health issues and recommend best practice emergency treatment
• Consult with clients and referring clinics regarding immediate, solutions-based care for their pets
• You genuinely care for pets, your fellow team members and clients
• You have an enquiring and inquisitive mind
• You understand that attention to detail and documentation is as essential as great diagnostic expertise
• A strength in Emergency and Critical Care is essential, as are skills in surgery, radiology, dentistry, laser surgery and laser light therapy, magna wave therapy, and equine services
• New grads are also welcome, must have the willingness to learn the skills needed to complete the services offered
• Competitive base salary + production bonus
• Paid time off
• Continuing education allowance
• Medical, dental, vision, LTD, Life insurance benefits
It’s Time to Apply
To apply, please prepare a cover letter specifically highlighting why you think that this is an ideal role for you, with a fully up to date resume and click on the APPLY button below to submit your application.
AmeriVet’s unique approach to acquisitions allows owners to retain control of the day to day operations of their veterinary practices while maximizing the total proceeds received when they ultimately exit. Our Veterinary Partners benefit from becoming part of a larger team with the ability to leverage operational and industry best practices should they so choose. Staff and customers are completely unaffected by the transition.