VIP Petcare is improving the lives of pets and the people who love them! We are currently looking for dedicated, professional team members who have a passion for pet wellness. Our Wellness Centers provide high quality preventive and wellness pet care services including diagnostic tests, vaccinations, preventive medications, microchipping, nail trims and a wellness check commensurate with the services administered.
We are currently hiring Full-time or Part-time Veterinarians for the following locations in the Greater Pittsburgh area:
Whether you are a recent graduate or a seasoned Veterinarian looking to further advance veterinary care in our communities, we would like to connect with you to tell you about our open opportunities.
VIP Petcare is committed to our Veterinarians and offer the following to our Full-Time staff:
• Relocation Assistance • Medical, Dental, Vision • Generous PTO plan • Four paid days off for Continuing Education • $2500 annual allowance for Continuing Education • 401(K) Plan with Matching • Flexible Spending Account • Employee Assistance Program • Cost for renewal of license and AVMA membership
The Veterinarian is responsible for providing veterinary care at our Wellness Centers to ensure VIP Petcare best practices are carried out in a manner that promotes VIP Petcare as a leader in providing quality affordable preventative healthcare to pet owners.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
• Performs medical exams and blood draws; administers vaccinations, nail trims and microchips • Educates clients and recommends preventative care and products • Follows up with client calls or emails in regards to their pets • Completes medical records by adding relevant information and history into system • Mentors an effective and productive staff • Clearly understands and delivers VIP Petcare medical standards and ethical practices • Continuously strengthens and builds the VIP Petcare brand • Attend monthly staff training meetings • Other duties or functions as requested
Education and Training:
• Licensed Veterinarian in good standing • Health Certificate Accreditation a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Vaccine protocols, intestinal parasites prevention and Heartworm prevention, Heartworm disease in both cats and dogs, Heartworm and flea preventatives, and prescription products • Strong interpersonal skills • Excellent customer service skills, ensuring accurate and reliable work product • Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills • Creative, flexible and innovative thinker; management skills to mentor team members • Must successfully pass criminal history background check
Environment and Physical:
• Able to lift animals and equipment of up to 150 lbs with assistance; lift 50 lbs unassisted • Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, stoop, kneel, sit, and crouch • Good hand-eye coordination, finger-arm-hand dexterity with the ability to reach and grasp
Additional Salary Information: Competitive annual salary plus bonus
About VIP Petcare, PetVet, VetIQ
Through our Community Clinics and Wellness Centers, VIP Petcare provides high value preventive and wellness pet care services, all administered by a licensed veterinarian. These services include diagnostic tests, vaccinations, prescription medications, microchipping and a wellness check commensurate with the services administered.