Are you passionate about animal care? Are you looking to grow your veterinary career at the best veterinary hospital in Essex county? If so, keep on reading because we’re looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Verona & Montclair Animal Hospitals are well-established practices in Verona and Montclair, New Jersey since 1980. Our hospitals have a strong humanitarian influence focusing on providing humane and compassionate care for all pets and their owners. We specialize in providing the best veterinary care for cats and dogs in Northern New Jersey.
We have a full in-house laboratory, conduct onsite advanced procedures (such as laser surgery, digital radiography, endoscopic surgeries, in-house ultrasounds, laparoscopic surgeries, cardiac monitors, and telemedicine), and work closely with a board-certified surgeon and radiologist to ensure we are providing the best quality care. We are proud to have been named the Best Veterinary Hospital in Essex County for 5 years in a row.
It’s part of our mission to give back to our community, so every year we partner with local shelters and three New Jersey rescue groups, the Rescue Haven Foundation, Angels of Animals and Good Karma Rescue. With our partners, we help provide surgical procedures, medical treatments, boarding arrangements, and even hosting adoption events. We strive to provide care for all pets in our community.
What we are Looking For
We are looking for an Associate Veterinarian to be providing the best level of care for our patients. You will be working alongside our growing team of 3 veterinarians and 30 plus support staff. Your veterinary practice focuses on providing compassionate and quality care for all pets. You're self-sufficient and independent while also collaborating well with others. Plus you have a strong desire to learn and grow!
As an Associate Veterinarian, you will get to:
• Provide compassionate care and ensure the well being of all patients
• Examine and triage patients promptly to diagnose their short and long term health issues
• Consult with owners and referring clinics for solutions-based care for patients
• Conduct surgeries on patients (such as routine spays and neuters, tumor removals, dental, and splenectomies) and administer anesthesia
• Work alongside our Owner where you will have an impact on which new equipment and tools will be brought into our hospitals to help improve your veterinary practice
• Use all our in-house equipment including laser surgical equipment, ligasure surgical system, Olympus flexible endoscope, and Olympus rigid laparoscope and offer hands-on training.
• Have access to our in-house lab, digital X-rays, MedRX Video Otoscope, Biosound ultrasound and echocardiology machine with color flow doppler, and more!
• Provide mentorship and support to our highly knowledgeable veterinary technicians and assistants that are trained and capable of obtaining radiographs, running in-house labs, reading cytology slides, and more!
As an Associate Veterinarian, you will have:
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
• At least 2 years of experience as a Veterinarian at a high volume hospital or clinic
• Proficient knowledge of veterinary anatomy, spay/neuter surgery, and anesthesia required. Advanced surgical knowledge an asset but not required
• Proficient knowledge of preventative medicine and techniques needed to diagnose and treat common medical conditions
• Strong communication skills, can build rapport with patients, owners, and other team members
Our Verona & Montclair Animal Hospitals are located within a 15-minute drive of each hospital, you should be comfortable working out of both locations. This is a full-time role, and you can expect to be working approximately 40 hours a week. Currently, our hours are adjusted due to COVID, once we are operating back to normal we will be shifting back to our regular scheduling where evening availability is needed.
If you are looking to take your veterinary career to the next level, we are always looking for animal lovers to join our growing team. As part of our team, you’ll develop your skills and enhance your veterinary career while enjoying a fun culture and work environment. You’ll never experience the same day twice at Verona and Montclair Animal Hospitals.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Community Veterinary Partners (CVP) mission is to bring joy to families by providing the best care possible to the pets they love. A growing community of 100+ animal hospitals in the Eastern US, CVP empowers our veterinary professionals by providing unwavering support services that allows them to get back to what they love doing the most – caring for pets.