Table Mountain Veterinary Clinic is looking for a Full Time Associate Veterinarian for our busy 4 doctor practice. Our practice has multiple opportunities to see a variety of cases. We have digital radiography, modern surgical and dental equipment, and low turnover in our staff. We utilize a radiologist for ultrasounds in house, and to read our films. We bring in a surgeon and a cardiologist regularly. We are growing and need to fill this position with someone who can jump in and begin seeing clients right away.
We are located in beautiful Golden, Colorado, a very desirable place to live. Biking, hiking, skiing, camping, all things outdoors in our spectacular mountains!
Our caseload offers a variety of general practice cases, medical and surgical, and includes the following:
• Digital radiology
• Digital ultrasound perfomed on request by a Board Certified Radiologist, with telemedicine radiologist review of all radiographs
• Digital dental radiographs
• Access to STAT rad review
• Full in house blood analyzers: IDEXX Procyte and Catalyst, I-Stat, Coag Analyzer
• In house urinalysis, fecals and cytology
• Board Certified Surgeon and Board Certified Cardiologist available for consult and cases in house
• A second small satellite clinic located remotely in a canyon 14 miles from our main office (2 weeknights per week)
• Collaborative team environment with 5 total veterinarians
• Lead CSR and Lead Technician work in conjunction with our Hospital Manager to support the veterinarian team
• 4 day work week for full time DVMs, flexible scheduling including regular 3 day weekends
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a the Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.