The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to client and patient care
- Outstanding referring veterinarian communicator
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support Office on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Scheduling for the doctor team and to assist leads with their team schedules if needed
- A person to plan & lead regular doctor team meetings
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel may be required)
- Commitment to core values and coaching of other team members as well
- High emotional intelligence and comfort delivering regular performance evaluations for doctors and leadership team
- Experienced in ER medicine
- Soft tissue and emergency surgical skills, preferred
Interested? Apply today and come join our TEAM!
Our Practice: Crossroads Animal Emergency is an after-hours emergency facility located in the City of Norwalk. We are a fully-equipped practice offering services in surgery, digital radiology, ultrasonography and more. We are a very integrated practice that utilizes a team approach to case management.
Crossroads Animal Emergency is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
- Medical Director stipend
We are located on the east border of Los Angeles and close to a variety of beautiful beaches. We are also less than 15 miles away from Disneyland and the Aquarium!
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $160,000 - $200,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!